[Kde-i18n-fa] Compile

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Tue Apr 15 20:43:08 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 18:23, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 April 2003 16:40, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 April 2003 11:14, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > > I have decided to use "ham gardaani" which is referred to in the
> > > dictionaries too. What do you think about it?
> >
> > Well, arash, we have been over this before, but I couldn't resist
> > the temptation to publish my opinion one more time.
> >
> > It's like "choob alef". While it is an inituative translation, and
> > it's a nice word, still, people don't know it's meaning, you have
> > to tell everyone that 'choob alef' means 'bookmark'
> >
> > That's the same with 'ham gardani'. Even people who have worked
> > with computers alot, and even current GNU/Linux users, don't know
> > the meaning of this word, and it is not self explanatory, so how
> > should one figure out, that 'ham gardani' means 'compile'? How
> > should people relate these two?
> >
> > As ArashB noted, I also guess the best translation is 'compile'
> > itself.
> >
> > Just my couple of cents.
>
> I agree with both of you, Armin (aka Zoup) and Aryan. But the problem
> is that tarjomeh is misleading. We seem to agree on this.
>
> Ham gardaani is OK IMHO because you can look it up in the dictionary
> and you will find a valid meaning for it, which will serve our
> purpose. That was the point behind my decision.
> Tarjomeh would not fit, because nobody would look it up, but "almost"
> everybody will fail to understand what it means.
> "Compile" is difficult because it is not Farsi! And we wish to use
> available Farsi equivalents, right? :)
>
> Flame me, if you want :) or let's vote!

No need for flames or votes I guess.

Now that Zoup mentioned all the family of this word 'ham gardani', and
now that I remember our initial agreement to use as much farsi
equivalents as posible, I also agree with 'ham gardani'

Still, flame me if you want ;-)

Cheers

--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan