[Kde-i18n-fa] Compile

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Tue Apr 15 16:10:40 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 11:14, Arash Zeini wrote:

> I have decided to use "ham gardaani" which is referred to in the
> dictionaries too. What do you think about it?

Well, arash, we have been over this before, but I couldn't resist the
temptation to publish my opinion one more time.

It's like "choob alef". While it is an inituative translation, and it's
a nice word, still, people don't know it's meaning, you have to tell
everyone that 'choob alef' means 'bookmark'

That's the same with 'ham gardani'. Even people who have worked with
computers alot, and even current GNU/Linux users, don't know the
meaning of this word, and it is not self explanatory, so how should one
figure out, that 'ham gardani' means 'compile'? How should people
relate these two?

As ArashB noted, I also guess the best translation is 'compile' itself.

Just my couple of cents.

--
/* My name is Jehovah. I have a special plan to save the universe, but
because of heavenly security reasons I can't tell you what that plan