Krita.org website broken because of broken Swedish translation

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:42:45 BST 2024

Hi,
On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 11:27 AM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:

> >> I have applied this crude workaround once here:
> >> https://invent.kde.org/documentation/develop-kde-org/-/commit/e4cec8de9396a05a3c8265bcbaf25f8869a0c44d
> >> I reverted the commit again after the site had been built successfully.
> >
> >Yes, that's extremely crude.

> >> That's also not correct. There has been a reaction on #kde-i18n:kde.org. See
> >> above.
> >
> >Well, I'm not there... And the people responsible for the broken translation haven't responsded. And the release post still isn't out.
> >
> >My conclusion is that translation commits should be autoreverted when they break builds and that translators should become aware of invent.kde.org.
>

> Can anyone actually say what is broken in the translation? I've tried to checke the Swedish translation but to be honest I don't see anything wrong in the new bits added recently by Stefan here (the thing that probably broke the build):

I described it here
(https://invent.kde.org/websites/krita-org/-/commit/861bb4240be2cae46fbb0ab8e91e3e68018f2023#note_977328)
but I'll try to summarize it:

What is going on is that the partial translation of the post.po file
leads to a hugo quirk:

1. "content/en/posts/2024/monthly-update-14.md:12 " contains a link,
which is wrapped in a reference shortcode so that hugo can have it
point at the right language: "She has since published a [post]({{< ref
\"/posts/2024/2024-roadmap\" >}}) on Krita.org".
2. this points at "content/en/posts/2024/2024-roadmap.md", however,
because there's only translation for the monthly update, but not for
the roadmap post, this second post is not generated for sv
3. Result, hugo tries to replace the 'ref' with
"sv/posts/2024/2024-roadmap", can't find that page, errors out and
refuses to build anything.

Ideally, we'd figure out something to have translations that error out
like this to be skipped, as otherwise it makes it really hard to
casually translate a KDE website, and this would ideally be KDE-wide
(so all hugo sites would be affected at the least), but I cannot
figure out from the hugo docs what that would look like.

--
Wolthera