Krita.org website broken because of broken Swedish translation

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 30 15:25:40 BST 2024

Wolthera ha scritto:
> Hi,
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 11:27 AM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:

>> Can anyone actually say what is broken in the translation? I've tried to checke the Swedish translation but to be honest I don't see anything wrong in the new bits added recently by Stefan here (the thing that probably broke the build):
>>

> I described it here
> (https://invent.kde.org/websites/krita-org/-/commit/861bb4240be2cae46fbb0ab8e91e3e68018f2023#note_977328)
> but I'll try to summarize it:
>
> What is going on is that the partial translation of the post.po file
> leads to a hugo quirk:
>
> 1. "content/en/posts/2024/monthly-update-14.md:12 " contains a link,
> which is wrapped in a reference shortcode so that hugo can have it
> point at the right language: "She has since published a [post]({{< ref
> \"/posts/2024/2024-roadmap\" >}}) on Krita.org".
> 2. this points at "content/en/posts/2024/2024-roadmap.md", however,
> because there's only translation for the monthly update, but not for
> the roadmap post, this second post is not generated for sv
> 3. Result, hugo tries to replace the 'ref' with
> "sv/posts/2024/2024-roadmap", can't find that page, errors out and
> refuses to build anything.
>
> Ideally, we'd figure out something to have translations that error out
> like this to be skipped, as otherwise it makes it really hard to
> casually translate a KDE website, and this would ideally be KDE-wide
> (so all hugo sites would be affected at the least), but I cannot
> figure out from the hugo docs what that would look like.

Thank you; in the meantime I've marked a few messages as fuzzy, but I think
the real fix was this change by Carl (thanks!), which may point to an issue in
the original source document:
https://invent.kde.org/websites/krita-org/-/commit/5b287e7f67d3a8f8818d37136410d22480a90d6c

I'm not sure which of the two fixes was the correct one but yesterday the site
was rebuilt, and it shows the 5.2.3 release message, and I see you published
the artifacts.

Now there is a new issue:

ERROR 2024/06/30 02:43:48 [zh-cn] REF_NOT_FOUND: Ref
"posts/2024/krita-5-2-3-beta1/":
"/builds/websites/krita-org/content/zh-cn/posts/2024/krita-5-2-3-released.md:9:89":
page not found

It looks like an issue with ref similar to the one fixed Carl, so I've cleared
the other remaining usage of "ref" in that page and proposed a MR (as I can't
merge directly into that repository):
https://invent.kde.org/websites/krita-org/-/merge_requests/62

Ciao
--