Outdated translations in Konqueror

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 25 09:14:59 BST 2023

El dilluns, 25 de setembre de 2023, a les 7:51:33 (CEST), Stefano Crocco va
escriure:
> Hello to everyone,
> while porting Konqueror to Qt6, I found that several translations caused
> build errors. Investigating them, I realized that some of them are
> outdated. In particular (paths are relative to the toplevel directory in
> the konqueror repository):
> - po/de/docs/konqueror/index.docbook still contains (line 7071) the &kf5;
> entity, which was replaced by &kde-frameworks; in commit [1]
> - several translations still contain multiple .docbook files in the
> po/<translation>/docs/konqueror/ directory. Those files have been merged
> into a single file (index.docbook) in commit [2], which dates back to 2013,
> so I guess the translations haven't been updated in the last decade or so
> and most likely there are significant differences from the documentation in
> doc. I didn't compare the texts, but the build errors I got were related to
> the use of entities such as &kview; and &kdvi; which don't exist in the
> current documentation and in the other translations. The translations which
> have multiple files are the following:
> sr at latin
> sr
> en_GB
> nl
> da
> el
> nb
> pl
> pt
> lt
> fr
> es
> ru
>
> Could you please fix these issues?

For now i've removed
   da de en_GB pl
which had the obsolete entities you mentioned.

I tried building konqueror KF6 to see if there was any other that failed to
compile but it seems the konqueror KF6 build is still a bit far away since
it's trying to use kinit that doesn't exist anymore.