Outdated translations in Konqueror

Stefano Crocco stefano.crocco at alice.it
Mon Sep 25 06:51:33 BST 2023

Hello to everyone,
while porting Konqueror to Qt6, I found that several translations caused build
errors. Investigating them, I realized that some of them are outdated. In
particular (paths are relative to the toplevel directory in the konqueror
repository):
- po/de/docs/konqueror/index.docbook still contains (line 7071) the &kf5;
entity, which was replaced by &kde-frameworks; in commit [1]
- several translations still contain multiple .docbook files in the
po/<translation>/docs/konqueror/ directory. Those files have been merged into a
single file (index.docbook) in commit [2], which dates back to 2013, so I guess
the translations haven't been updated in the last decade or so and most likely
there are significant differences from the documentation in doc. I didn't
compare the texts, but the build errors I got were related to the use of
entities such as &kview; and &kdvi; which don't exist in the current
documentation and in the other translations. The translations which have
multiple files are the following:
sr at latin
sr
en_GB
nl
da
el
nb
pl
pt
lt
fr
es
ru

Could you please fix these issues?

Pelase, add me as CC in any answer as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks in advance

Stefano

[1]  https://invent.kde.org/network/konqueror/-/commit/
72578d773ca5304c8a9e75355ecfb586ab51dd50
[2] https://invent.kde.org/network/konqueror/-/commit/
78f12246deb9c3964e427c1debe696e295524df4