Shortcut shadowing terminology

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Mar 5 11:43:22 GMT 2023

I’m not sure how to translate the following three strings in
kdeclarative5.po:

Global Shortcut Shadowing
The '%1' key combination is shadowed by following global actions:\n
The '%1' key combination shadows following global actions:\n

I think I understand the concept. A keyboard shortcut is defined in (at
least) two places, and one of them is overriden by the other
(higher-priority) keyboard shortcut. But I find the terminology
confusing. If shortcut A is shadowed by shortcut B, is it A or B that
actually has an effect?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer