Notes about documentation generation (update_xml) on trunk_kf6 and trunk_kf5

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Mar 4 15:03:58 GMT 2023

Hi all,

after the recent changes, there are a few updates to the workflow required to
regenerate the documentation (update_xml):

- you must set a variable called SCRIPTY_I18N_BRANCH. The value should reflect
the branch you are trying to generate, and the valid values right now are
trunk_kf5 and trunk_kf6. This is required because previously the information
on the generated branch was part of the branch of l10n-scripty but we are
using l10n-scripty/master for multiple i18n branches.

- if you generate the documentation for trunk_kf6 (trunk/l10n-kf6), in
addition to the aforementioned variable, there is a problem: the procedure
requires meinproc6, which doesn't exist yet (if you compile kdoctools from
master right now it should still generate meinproc5). Just create a symlink to
meinproc5 called meinproc6 and place it in a directory part of the PATH
(usually ~/bin, or just /usr/local/bin, or... you know).

- if you generate the documentation for the stable5 branch
(branches/stable/l10n-kf5), remember to use the stable_kf5 branch of
l10n-scripty. In the near future we will also change scripty/master to handle
that branch, and of course you will be notified when the change happens, but
right now nothing changed for that branch,

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Ciao
--
Luigi