Gcompris software Bengali language Translation effort :

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 07:19:47 BST 2023

Hi Palash,

Le mar. 18 avr. 2023 à 07:37, Palash Chowdhury <palashchowdhury1 at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> Hello Johnny,
> Many thanks for your email . This is really helpful .
>
> I would like to handle the translation part and it would be really helpful
> if you can enable the language in the software .

As said, we will enable the language once the translation has reached 80%
at least. Also, I would need to know which package do you want (Linux,
Android, Windows...).

Let me attach the source files (Or please provide me the list of .po files
> which I can start translating) to confirm I am working on the correct files.

The main file to translate is
https://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/gcompris/gcompris_qt.pot.
The one you sent seems to be the good one except most of it is in
Ukrainian, they are not in the usual order and it misses all the comments
(translators + lines).
There are other ones but less important that you can find in
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/gcompris/. The
second most important of them is
https://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/gcompris/gcompris_lang._static_.pot
.

Cheers,

Johnny

Again many thanks for your help on this.