Bulgarian translation

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 26 16:11:46 BST 2022

Yasen Pramatarov ha scritto:
> On 24.06.2022 23:34, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> Mincho Kondarev ha scritto:
>>> Hallo,
>>> I have translated the most of the core Plasma and some KDE applications for a
>>> private project and send them to the coordinator. But I don't see any
>>> actualization since months on svn repo. After mailing with coordinator I was
>>> informed that there is very low activity on the Bulgarian translation's
>>> project, the coordinator is left alone and he is overwhelmed to process the
>>> huge amount of po files. Is there an another  option to upload the translated
>>> file to bg repositories?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> usually each translation team grants commit rights to people who shows that
>> they know the process and whose contribution respect the guidelines of the
>> group - the same process that happens to code contributors.
>>
>> Have you discussed with the Bulgarian coordinator if it's possible for you to
>> reach the point where you are granted commit rights (and then potentially
>> helping new contributors)?
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm the Bulgarian coordinator and it's true that recently I've been having
> trouble finding enough time to work on the files.

Hello Yasen,

>  Mincho Kondarev reached out with a lot of translations that he had prepared,
> but right now it's not possible for me to prepare and commit them.
>
>  I hope I'll be able to work again soon, but Mincho is actively translating
> right now and the work he has done and is planning to do is huge and will make
> a big impact on the state of Bulgarian KDE l10n.

>  So if there is a way to grant commit rights to Mincho Kondarev, I fully
> support this.

That's good to hear, thanks.

Mincho, you can follow the procedure described here:

https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account#How_to_get_read-write_access_to_Git_.28Gitlab.29_.28or_SVN_for_translators.29

In short, it's the process which allows new contributors to get write access
to our repositories.

Please make sure you explain it's a request for translation access (which
requires a few additional permissions) and please make sure, when asked, to
point out Yasen as the person who can vouch for you, and you can also point
out this thread.

--
Luigi