AW: Re: Bulgarian translation

Mincho Kondarev mkondarev at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 26 23:04:25 BST 2022

Hello, I have tried to make KDE Identity Account and according to guidelines the Identity Account must be registered with the same email as for bugs.kde.org.But there is error message that the address is already taken. I’ve never made such registration before. So I cannot apply for translation‘s account right now .How should I proceed further?

Am Sonntag, Juni 26, 2022, 5:11 PM schrieb Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>:

Yasen Pramatarov ha scritto:
> On 24.06.2022 23:34, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> Mincho Kondarev ha scritto:
>>> Hallo,
>>> I have translated the most of the core Plasma and some KDE applications for a
>>> private project and send them to the coordinator. But I don't see any
>>> actualization since months on svn repo. After mailing with coordinator I was
>>> informed that there is very low activity on the Bulgarian translation's
>>> project, the coordinator is left alone and he is overwhelmed to process the
>>> huge amount of po files. Is there an another  option to upload the translated
>>> file to bg repositories?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> usually each translation team grants commit rights to people who shows that
>> they know the process and whose contribution respect the guidelines of the
>> group - the same process that happens to code contributors.
>>
>> Have you discussed with the Bulgarian coordinator if it's possible for you to
>> reach the point where you are granted commit rights (and then potentially
>> helping new contributors)?
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm the Bulgarian coordinator and it's true that recently I've been having
> trouble finding enough time to work on the files.

Hello Yasen,

>  Mincho Kondarev reached out with a lot of translations that he had prepared,
> but right now it's not possible for me to prepare and commit them.
>
>  I hope I'll be able to work again soon, but Mincho is actively translating
> right now and the work he has done and is planning to do is huge and will make
> a big impact on the state of Bulgarian KDE l10n.

>  So if there is a way to grant commit rights to Mincho Kondarev, I fully
> support this.

That's good to hear, thanks.

Mincho, you can follow the procedure described here:

https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account#How_to_get_read-write_access_to_Git_.28Gitlab.29_.28or_SVN_for_translators.29

In short, it's the process which allows new contributors to get write access
to our repositories.

Please make sure you explain it's a request for translation access (which
requires a few additional permissions) and please make sure, when asked, to
point out Yasen as the person who can vouch for you, and you can also point
out this thread.

--
Luigi