Difference between language sr and sr at ijekavian

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 14:07:02 GMT 2021

 > [: hanyoung :]
 > [...] we have sr, sr at ijekavian and sr at ijekavianlatin. However, glibc
 > locale only supports sr_RS, sr_RS at latin and sr_ME. [...] what's the
 > difference between them, and if them're the same, maybe we better
 > merge them to valid glibc locale names.

There is a difference between them, and the four are the official
variants of sr. Among other things, reading material in schools comes in
some mix of those variants (also within one same school). Despite that,
when at one point patches for glibc were provided to support the two
sr at ijekavian* variants as well, the glibc maintainer turned them down,
judging it would be too much detail.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)