Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 18 21:49:43 GMT 2021

Matjaž Jeran ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have translated some applications in the KF5-based trunk to Slovenian. Majority of the translations with the time appeared in the stable collection.
>

> [...]

> I understand that moving from the trunk to stable collection involves certain procedures for quality control that take time.
>
> Should I manually supply translations also to stable collection?  or
> Should I do anything more that just supplying translations and wait?

tl;dr some messages are copied to stable automatically, but it's up to each
time to ensure that the messages are applied to the stable branch as well.

When certain products are branched (namely Plasma and Release Service - now
Gears) whoever handles the branching from the i18n point of view (usually
Albert or me) copies the messages to the stable(5) branch from trunk(5).
Sometimes we do that for other projects. This means that:
- in some cases they are not copied;
- even when they are copied, they can be changed and diverge later

So the general guidelines is, as I've mentioned above: each team should ensure
the messages are present and updated in all relevant branches.

Ciao
--
Luigi