Translation How-To renewal

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 10:56:11 BST 2021

El divendres, 25 de juny de 2021, a les 17:58:30 CEST, Yuri Chornoivan va
escriure:
> пʼятниця, 25 червня 2021 р. 18:36:16 EEST Raghavendra Kamath написано:
> > Hi Yuri,
> >
> > Thank you for initiating this thread.
> > The example posts by rabbiticTranslator blog are awesome.
> > We can borrow some of the steps and descriptions if that is permitted.
> >
> > I would suggest keeping the outline of the document simple and focusing
> > on getting the newcomer started easily. We can always link to advanced
> > tutorials at the end of simple tutorials.
> >
> > For the basics here are some steps we could have -
> >
> > 1. Introduction and welcome page.
> >
> > 2. How translations works in KDE. (getting the pot file and sending the
> > po file to the team leader or contact ) I can help in creating a flow
> > chart for this section.
> >
> > 3. Contacting the team and choosing the first applications for
> > translation.
> >
> > 4. Getting the sources from svn (with brief introduction to svn)
> >
> > 5. Setting up Lokalize step by step. (with links to further reading for
> > other programs)
> >
> > 6. Checking the files for error and sending the files for review.
> >
> > 7. Some contact information about IRC and other chatroom for help in
> > setting things up.
> >
> > I know these are most basic steps, I am merely suggesting these as a
> > start for discussion. May be we can set up a common online editable
> > document and write the contents of each page in it directly.
>
> Thanks. It is here now for all to edit, patch, and lurk ;)
>
> https://invent.kde.org/yurchor/kde-translation-howto/-/tree/master
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri

  Hi,

  Nice!!

  Tip for contributors:

mkdir build
cd build
meinproc5 ../translation-howto.docbook

  and open build/index.html with your default browser.

  An HTML rendered version is always easier to see completely.

  *I recommend a README.md file with this information and later we will add
the link.*

  Regards
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.
Dubta que el Sol es mogui.

No se n'ha de posar massa
	- A grandmother on the TV show "Las recetas de Julie"