Inactive translation team for Malay

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Jan 27 21:27:37 GMT 2021

Yes No ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in contributing to the Malay translation of this project.
> However, the mailing lists provided in the team's page
> (https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ms) is no longer available i.e.
> my mailing service reported that it cannot find such an email address.
>
> I am wondering what else should I do to enable my contribution to this team,
> and I think it is the best for me to reach out through the kde-i18n-doc
> mailing list instead. I really appreciate your time and assistance in solving
> this issue. Thank you very much.

Hello and welcome!

We usually require new/rebooted teams to translate at least kcoreaddons5_qt.po
(from kcoreaddons), which is also used by our internal tooling, and also
kxmlgui5.po (kxmlgui) and kio5.po (kio), which are used by several projects.
Those files are partially translated for Malay, but still far from complete.

You can find more instructions here:
https://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/starting-translation.html

Please pay attention to the steps about check your file.

When you have those translations, please send them to Albert or me (the
current coordinators). We will double check the files for structural issues
only (we can't read your language :) and commit them, and you'll be granted
the rights to update the files.

I guess you are already subscribed to this list, but in case you are not
please not: at least one person for each language should read this list.

It's probably too early now, but if you will need a language-specific mailing
list, we could create arrange one.

Ciao
--
Luigi