hello!

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:51:05 BST 2020

Le ven. 18 sept. 2020 à 18:14, Akash Rao <akash.rao.ind at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Jazeix!

Hi, Jazeix is my last name, my first name is Johnny ;).

> On 18-Sep-2020 9:33 PM, "Johnny Jazeix" <jazeix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> (I'm one of the GCompris' maintainers).
>
> We don't have an actual translation for Telugu.
>
> I sent a mail a few days ago because we are now in the process of the
> string freeze for the new version:
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/gcompris-devel/2020-September/005894.html.
> I noticed you answered but misunderstood. I thought you were asking to help
> for the Greek translation!
>

> I'm in the learning phase for Greek :)

Ok, so I wasn't totally off :).

> I can send you the po files to translate directly by email, and you can
> send them back to me so I can commit them in the svn if you don't have the
> rights (if there is no one in the list to do a translation-review or can't
> commit).
>

> Yeah sure but kindly do explain a bit about po files, svn, commit rights.

svn is a Versionning Control System (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Subversion). Like git for example if
you know. Basically, it is to be able to have an history on files updates.
All the translations are stored in it and accessible online via
https://websvn.kde.org/. More specifically, for GCompris, you can find the
templates in
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/gcompris/

For the commits rights, it is better to check with the other translators.
If I'm not wrong, they require a minimum amount of translation done before
giving the rights.

Po files are the files containing the translations. They are the templates
from the previous link. For GCompris, we require gcompris_qt.pot
<https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/gcompris/gcompris_qt.pot?view=log>
to be at least 80%, the other ones are "less" important for the users.
They contain all the strings from the application in English and a line
below each one for the translation.

Johnny