Akademy meeting notes

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 17 11:42:59 BST 2020

Yaron Shahrabani ha scritto:

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020, 14:43 Josep Ma. Ferrer <txemaq at gmail.com
> <mailto:txemaq at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello!
>
>     El 13/9/20 a les 14:48, Yaron Shahrabani ha escrit:
>
>     Please, keep in mind that there are some useful tools (e.g. Pology) that
>     work in a directory structure but not in an online translation solution.
>

> What about collaboration? Suggestions? Screenshots for context?
> Using offline tools makes the translators a bunch of individuals doing some
> work, an open source web interface can lead to a true collaborative work in
> many aspects.
> For example, you can ask a question about what a certain string means and you
> can get an answer from a translator of another team or even ask to add a
> screenshot if possible.
>
> It's a different approach, not all TM tools are created equal and I understand
> that some of you experienced some of these tools but I assure you that Weblate
> is far different than Zanata or Launchpad, it truly works for the translator
> and has tight git integration (configurable), the overhead is decreased
> dramatically, just give it a try.

We will have to agree to disagree here. There are people in this discussion
who repeateadly said they did try even weblate, but prefer offline work.

So it's not an option: weblate support will be opt-in.

About the collaboration, just to give an example: incorrect or unclear strings
(because the miss a context or are incorrect) should be discussed elsewhere
(in the mailing list or task tracker or bug tracker of the program, or here).

--
Luigi