Fwd: Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE

Stephan Johach lucardus at onlinehome.de
Sat May 27 16:03:19 CEST 2006

So, hier meine Mail an die internationale Liste.

Subject: Re: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE
Date: Samstag, 27. Mai 2006 14:42
From: Stephan Johach <lucardus at onlinehome.de>
To: kde-i18n-doc at kde.org

Hi!

Am Samstag, 27. Mai 2006 13:13 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dissabte 27 Maig 2006 12:26, Matthieu Robin va escriure:
> > Le Samedi 27 Mai 2006 02:33, Jonathan Riddell a écrit :
> > > Let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Are the translations done in launchpad.net commited into KDE SVN ?
>
> Hope not, i'd hate rosetta bypassed the real KDE l10n teams.

Yes, it seems they are working silently on there own. I see someone worked on
kdelibs and parts of koffice. :(

How are the KDE teams supposed to know what changes are done in Rosetta? I do
not want to create an account and check the ubuntu files for changes.

What about Rosetta changes the KDE teams do not want to get in? We are
 working hard to get our translation in a consistent and high quality state.
 There's no way a web user can afford this without having to learn about the
 team processes and guidelines first. As far as I know none of the german
 ubuntu translators did contact the german KDE team before working on the
 german translations in unbuntu.

How do I explain a KDE translator that his work is already done from someone
else skipping the team processes?

The only acceptable way for a team coordinator to handle this is to dismiss
the Rosetta change. I will not dismiss the work of a team member even if the
Rosetta change is better. Otherwise I will loose my hard working team very
soon.

Don't get me wrong, but at the moment this looks more like a parallel
community to me.

Regards,
Stephan