KOffice

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:28:17 CEST 2005

On Friday 08 Jul 2005 12:54, you wrote:
> That is strange, as I already did this for Koffice 1.4 in stable. If he is
> working in trunk we probably should have copied the stable translation
> there first.

OK, it's possible our translation instructions on our web site are wrong.
I don't understand the translation framework very well, and I didn't write the
instructions.

> No, please do not commit. This should be done by the translation team
> coordinators otherwise we loose control about who is doing what. He has
> to contact us first before starting any translation work not the
> developers.

No, of course.  Let me be clear: I don't intend to touch  i18n setup in
Subversion.  I didn't mean "the Kexi developers" when I said
"we could commit", rather that the changes could be committed.

I've also read:
http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/kde-i18n/tiki-index.php?page=erlaeuterungenGuiProzess
so was expecting someone would want to review the changes before they are
commited anyway.

> We don't have a maintainer for kexi yet but kexi is translated in brach.

OK.

> Translation work has to be done in stable, not in trunk! If there are plans
> to release another version of kexi then the po-files should be copied to
> stable (based on the current stable translation) for all languages and then
> updated by scripty. Otherwise you won't get attentation by the translators
> and we loose translation work we have done so far in stable.

Understood.  We've had a lot of confusion with translations with Kexi due to
some of the releases being independent from KOffice.   Perhaps you could
contact him to resolve the issue?  He is Peter Thomassen,  his email is
info <at> peter-thomassen.de.

I'm very sorry if I'm now responsible for unnecessary work being done - I feel
very bad for that.  I did ask others who deal with the translation process
about this, but guess we've badly misunderstood each other.

Martin