KOffice

Stephan Johach lucardus at onlinehome.de
Fri Jul 8 13:54:43 CEST 2005

Hi Martin!

Am Freitag, 8. Juli 2005 13:22 schrieb Martin Ellis:
> My German is good enough to understand the above, but not to
> be able to reply in German.  Sorry. :o(
>
> Just wanted to let you know there is someone working on Kexi:
> > Today, I grabbed kexi.po from the above URL and started translating,
> > 120/990 strings which is about 12%.

That is strange, as I already did this for Koffice 1.4 in stable. If he is
working in trunk we probably should have copied the stable translation
there first.

> I told him that if he is interested in maintaining the translation then he
> will want to be in touch with you.  He has only looked at messages (so
> far?), not documentation (Kexi has no user manual in English yet). If he is
> not interested in maintaining them, we could just commit what ever changes
> he has.

No, please do not commit. This should be done by the translation team
coordinators otherwise we loose control about who is doing what. He has
to contact us first before starting any translation work not the developers.

> It looks as though many of the current translations (4%) are automatically
> generated, so this should be a great improvement.  BTW, we have two
> German developers.  Am I correct in thinking that no one else is working on
> Kexi translations right now?

We don't have a maintainer for kexi yet but kexi is translated in brach.

hunsum at leviathan:~/svn/kde3.4/l10n/de/messages/koffice$ msgfmt --statistics
kexi.po
749 translated messages.
hunsum at leviathan:~/svn/kde3.4/l10n/de/messages/koffice$

hunsum at leviathan:~/svn/kde3.4/l10n/de/messages/koffice$ svn info kexi.po
Repository UUID: 283d02a7-25f6-0310-bc7c-ecb5cbfe19da
Revision: 432748
Node Kind: file
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: scripty
Last Changed Rev: 427607
Last Changed Date: 2005-06-21 10:17:38 +0200 (Tue, 21 Jun 2005)
Text Last Updated: 2005-07-02 13:52:37 +0200 (Sat, 02 Jul 2005)
Properties Last Updated: 2005-07-02 13:52:37 +0200 (Sat, 02 Jul 2005)
Checksum: c97a100bf8e4454ffe85767e4d49cd1b

Translation work has to be done in stable, not in trunk! If there are plans to
release another version of kexi then the po-files should be copied to stable
(based on the current stable translation) for all languages and then updated
by scripty. Otherwise you won't get attentation by the translators and we
loose translation work we have done so far in stable.

This is how I understand the new translation rules.

Stephan

--
Gegen Software-Patente!
http://webshop.ffii.org/