[kdecat] Traducció de"hack"

Josep Ma. Ferrer josep.m.ferrer at wanadoo.es
Fri May 16 19:49:10 UTC 2003

En/na Antoni Bella Perez ha escrit:
>   Aquí us passo aquest tall de text per a vejam si podem decidir si
> traduir-ho, deixar el mot anglès o ometre-lo amb elegància -- mirar que la
> frase no perdi sentit sense.
>
> ###
> Another color-field hack, this one works by computing decaying sinusoidal
> waves, and allowing them to interfere with each other as their origins move.
> Written by Hannu Mallat.
> ###
> Un altre camp de color, aquest funciona calculant ones sinusoïdals que van
> decaiguen i permetent que interfereixin unes contre les altres segons es va
> moguen el seu orígen. Escrit per Hannu Mallat.
> ###
>
>   Heelp!!! La meva traducció sols és com una guia d'elegància en ometre aquest
> mot. :((
>
>   Toni

	En primer lloc, enganxo la definició de "hack", segons "The Jargon
File" (http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~gjm11/jargon/jargH.html):

  hack  1. n. Originally, a quick job that produces what is needed, but
not well. 2. n. An incredibly good, and perhaps very time-consuming,
piece of work that produces exactly what is needed. 3. vt. To bear
emotionally or physically. "I can't hack this heat!" 4. vt. To work on
something (typically a program). In an immediate sense: "What are you
doing?" "I'm hacking TECO." In a general (time-extended) sense: "What do
you do around here?" "I hack TECO." More generally, "I hack `foo'" is
roughly equivalent to "`foo' is my major interest (or project)". "I hack
solid-state physics." See Hacking X for Y. 5. vt. To pull a prank on.
See sense 2 and hacker (sense 5). 6. vi. To interact with a computer in
a playful and exploratory rather than goal-directed way. "Whatcha up
to?" "Oh, just hacking." 7. n. Short for hacker. 8. See nethack. 9.
[MIT] v. To explore the basements, roof ledges, and steam tunnels of a
large, institutional building, to the dismay of Physical Plant workers
and (since this is usually performed at educational institutions) the
Campus Police. This activity has been found to be eerily similar to
playing adventure games such as Dungeons and Dragons and Zork. See also
vadding.

Constructions on this term abound. They include `happy hacking' (a
farewell), `how's hacking?' (a friendly greeting among hackers) and
`hack, hack' (a fairly content-free but friendly comment, often used as
a temporary farewell). For more on this totipotent term see "The Meaning
of `Hack'". See also neat hack, real hack.

	En la meva opinió, i d'acord amb el contexte que esmentes, "hack" es
podria traduïr per "feina" o "treball" o quelcom semblant. També es pot
ometre amb elegancia, com has fet :) La veritat és que no sé trobar-hi
una traducció óptima.

	Salutacions,