[Kde-hardware-devel] Fw:KScreen OSD

翟翔 xiangzhai83 at 163.com
Fri Jul 24 09:35:49 UTC 2015

> *From: * "Daniel Vráti"<dvratil at kde.org>;
> *Date: * Fri, Jul 24, 2015 04:55 PM
> *To: * "xiang.zhai"<xiang.zhai at i-soft.com.cn>;
> "kde-hardware-devel"<kde-hardware-devel at kde.org>;
> *Subject: * KScreen OSD
> Hi Leslie,
>
> I noticed today that you started working on KScreen OSD. Although I'm
> glad
> someone stepped up to start working on it, it's unfortunate that you
> did not
> contact the maintainers (me or Alex Fiestas) nor mentioned your
> intentions
> anywhere on a mailing list (CC'ed kde-hardware-devel) so that we could
> coordinate the works and discuss how it should be properly implemented.
I am so sorry that I have not contacted kscreen project`s maintainers ;-(

The same story about plasma-desktop/applets/kickoff and
plasma-desktop/kcms/useraccount
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-desktop.git&a=shortlog&h=c2b7a63e54375d49d0204e97fc521ea27caec719

And plasma-workspace/ksmserver/kscreenlocker
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-workspace.git&a=shortlog&h=69b966a0fea255ef3eb0f2f581567777f50e8e75

I want to add AccountsService support for kickoff, useraccount and
kscreenlocker https://twitter.com/xiangzhai/status/624509473734823936

plfiorini, sddm core developer https://github.com/sddm/sddm/
he merged my migration for AccountsService Qt binding
https://github.com/hawaii-desktop/qtaccountsservice/commits/master

So I just start my work without mentioned us, I am so sorry for that!

> I just went through the code briefly, but unfortunatelly the way it is
> done
> right now is absolutely unmergeable and does not align at all with our
> plans.
I will 100% use libkscreen!

Recently it is skeleton, so I simply use xrandr, I will use libkscreen`s
SetConfigOperation ;-)

> Would you mind describing your intentions, what functionality are you
> planning
> and what's the general usecase for your OSD? We could then discuss how to
> implement it in a way that will be possible to merge into main
> branches and
> get into releases?
I just copy the Windows 8 right side hot zone for multiply outputs
settings usecase.

There are PC screen only, mirror, extend and second screen only for
Laptop users.

I want to be merged into master branch, I learn how to contact with
other developers, sorry for my poor English ;P

> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> --
> Daniel Vrátil
> Email: dvratil at kde.org
> Jabber: dan.vratil at kdetalk.net
> IRC: dvratil on Freenode (#kde, #kontact, #akonadi

Regards,
Leslie Zhai - a KDE developer