[Kde-hardware-devel] KScreen OSD

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 08:55:00 UTC 2015

Hi Leslie,

I noticed today that you started working on KScreen OSD. Although I'm glad
someone stepped up to start working on it, it's unfortunate that you did not
contact the maintainers (me or Alex Fiestas) nor mentioned your intentions
anywhere on a mailing list (CC'ed kde-hardware-devel) so that we could
coordinate the works and discuss how it should be properly implemented.

I just went through the code briefly, but unfortunatelly the way it is done
right now is absolutely unmergeable and does not align at all with our plans.

Would you mind describing your intentions, what functionality are you planning
and what's the general usecase for your OSD? We could then discuss how to
implement it in a way that will be possible to merge into main branches and
get into releases?

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Vrátil
Email: dvratil at kde.org
Jabber: dan.vratil at kdetalk.net
IRC: dvratil on Freenode (#kde, #kontact, #akonadi)