[Kde-hardware-devel] [GSoC] Extend&expand previous year project: KCM for pointing devices

Alexander Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:39:40 UTC 2014

> What's the status of this? I've never seen this KCM, though it looks useful
> from the screenshot you post.
I think it's ready for every-day use, I'll make 1.0 release soon. The
only serious problem I know is that plasmoid is visible in
notification area even when there's no touchpad. A bit offtopic: don't
you know how could plasmoid remove itself from notification area?

> An important data point, at least for me, is: What is the status of previous
> year's project? What's missing, why? If nothing's missing, why was it never
> included with KDE SC (or perhaps it was, just never advertised, and gets
> disabled on my machine?)
Currently it's in one of "playground" repositories. It will be
installed by default with KUbuntu 14.04, it's included in Arch Linux
repositories now, for example. I didn't propose it to be included
anywhere at all, maybe that's the reason why it isn't in KDE SC.

Also, it's written for Qt 4/KDElibs 4, but AFAIK nothing new could be
added to KDE workspace 4 now.
New project will be based on Frameworks, and I plan to replace mouse KCM.