[Kde-hardware-devel] GSoC '13

Anant Kamath kamathanant at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:23:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I completed SoC with KDE last year, where I created a API which added the
S.M.A.R.T. health monitoring capibilities for solid, a GUI tool for the
same, in addition to other things (
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/anantk/22001 ).

This year I was hoping to continue the work on the gui tool, adding more
features and polishing it for release along with the solidsmart API

In addition to that, I was hoping to work on the project involving sending
SMS with Plasma NM.
In short, as the ideas page states, to upgrade QtModemManager to use the
SMS sending/receiving features of modemmamanger, and then creating a
Telepathy based layer over that would allow managing phone contacts and
sending messages to them; and to create unit tests for QtModemManager.

Please tell me what you think.

--
Anant Kamath