[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Working together on NM09 support and cleaning Solid::Control

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:37:09 CEST 2011

Em Thursday 26 May 2011, Will Stephenson escreveu:
> On Saturday 21 May 2011 02:05:47 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, just a branch name, we can do it either way around.
> >
> > 	I see you created the libnm-qt branch based on master instead of nm09.
>
> As far as I can see, I branched nm09.  How can I check this?  git branch
> -vv says it is based on origin/nm09 here.

	Ok, you branched an old version of the nm09. The current version does not
contains the defines NM_0_8 and COMPILE_MODEM_MANAGER_SUPPORT. My mistake.

> > There are several fixes in nm09 that should be applied in libnm-qt. If
> > you had created it based on nm09 branch we could cherry-pick the changes
> > in nm09 to the libnm-qt branch from now on, like we have been doing for
> > the commits in master that are usefull in nm09 branch. Now we will have
> > to revisit all commits in nm09 branch to find which one should also be
> > applied to libnm-qt branch before we could start cherry picking commits
> > from nm09 branch :-/
>
> I'm doing exactly that now to my libnm-qt branch and will start pushing
> soon.
>
> One question, I can't see the modemmanager (modeminterface.h etc) classes
> in my branch of nm09.  I expected to see them in
> solidcontrolfuture/libs/solid/control in nm09 branch, but I can only see
> them in kdebase/workspace/ master.  Is that correct?  Should they be
> merged into libnm-qt or flattened into a separate libmm-qt?

	That is correct. I did not see a reason to copy it to solidcontrolfuture
since they work with NM-0.9. You can merge them, there are two methods
(getModemCardIface and getModemNetworkIface) in NM's Modem interface that
calls the MM backend, so the NM backend already depends on MM backend.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm