[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Working together on NM09 support and cleaning Solid::Control

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Thu May 26 17:15:50 CEST 2011

On Saturday 21 May 2011 02:05:47 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> Em Wednesday 18 May 2011, Will Stephenson escreveu:
> > On Wednesday 18 May 2011 16:53:35 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> > >         #1 should be based in nm09 instead of master in my oppinion. In
> > >         the future we will need to branch master to nm08 and move the
> > >         NM-0.9 code to master, but not now.
> >
> > Ok, just a branch name, we can do it either way around.
>
> 	I see you created the libnm-qt branch based on master instead of nm09.

As far as I can see, I branched nm09.  How can I check this?  git branch -vv
says it is based on origin/nm09 here.

> There are several fixes in nm09 that should be applied in libnm-qt. If you
> had created it based on nm09 branch we could cherry-pick the changes in
> nm09 to the libnm-qt branch from now on, like we have been doing for the
> commits in master that are usefull in nm09 branch. Now we will have to
> revisit all commits in nm09 branch to find which one should also be
> applied to libnm-qt branch before we could start cherry picking commits
> from nm09 branch :-/

I'm doing exactly that now to my libnm-qt branch and will start pushing soon.

One question, I can't see the modemmanager (modeminterface.h etc) classes in
my branch of nm09.  I expected to see them in
solidcontrolfuture/libs/solid/control in nm09 branch, but I can only see them
in kdebase/workspace/ master.  Is that correct?  Should they be merged into
libnm-qt or flattened into a separate libmm-qt?

Will