[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Hal-less status (implemented interfaces)

Alex Fiestas alex at eyeos.org
Tue Jan 4 01:34:47 CET 2011

On 01/03/2011 11:44 PM, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> This was supposed to be supported in an upcoming release of Hal which
> ended up never being released.  Shortly after the support was added for
> Hal trunk, they decided to stop making feature releases and only provide
> maintenance releases.  Now that we have moved to a multi-backend system
> there are some backends which would provide more support for smart card
> readers

Can you give me some names? maybe we can arrange something :)
however feel free to deprecate the interface until someone codes
> one.

Well, the thing is that Solid as a library should support features that
are needed by more than one application, and so far nobody is using
SmartCardReader api (since it never worked).

But since we're providing the interface I'm willing to implement it but
I need some info + maybe hardware.