[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Hal-less status (implemented interfaces)

Christopher Blauvelt cblauvelt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 23:44:40 CET 2011

> > 2-Someone has a SmartCardReader? I don't see how to implement this in
> > hal source :/
>
> I'm not sure that one ever worked to be honest, it got in at a time were I
> was
> much more relaxed in getting API in... It's another case of "should
> probably
> be deprecated in the new Solid ecosystem as defined at the sprint".
>
> This was supposed to be supported in an upcoming release of Hal which ended
up never being released.  Shortly after the support was added for Hal trunk,
they decided to stop making feature releases and only provide maintenance
releases.  Now that we have moved to a multi-backend system there are some
backends which would provide more support for smart card readers however
feel free to deprecate the interface until someone codes one.

Chris