[Kde-hardware-devel] GSoC 2010 - Solid UPnP integration project: I'm in! :D

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri May 7 12:06:07 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 01:19:27 Paulo Rômulo wrote:
> My name is Paulo, I'm a masters student from Brazil and was with much joy
> that I received the awesome news that I've got selected on GSoC 2010 to
> work with the UPnP integration on KDE through Solid. :)

Congrats again and welcome among the metalworkers! ;-)
(For those who wonder I did that privately already)

> At first I would to thank all of people that supported the proposal,
> especially Kevin (my mentor) and Bart, that have helped me in the process.

Rereading this part, it made me wonder:
Friedrich, I really think you should be considered co-mentor on this one as
you started the work on the UPnP side, been discussing with the HUPnP people
etc. Would be cool if you could hang around on the #solid channel, Paulo being
kind of active there (when there's no IRC trouble in the way like this week).
:-)

I think it's particularly important to make sure you don't end up with someone
stepping on your toes and that both of you are on the same track for the main
technical decisions. In particular regarding the use of Cagibi, what to do if
it's not available (I think we need a fallback in this case), etc.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net