[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid UDisks backend

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Sun Jul 25 16:27:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

Alle domenica 25 luglio 2010, Michael Zanetti ha scritto:
> As decided at akademy's solid BoF I have started implementing the
> UDisks backend for solid. Today I have commited my initial work to
> trunk. It still lacks a lot of things (some properties and most of
> the StorageAccess stuff) but provides already a lot of querying suff
> for storage devices. I'm committing this for you to test and
> proof-read and tell me if I'm on the right track.

Why in trunk directly and not in some branch for later review?
Where is that written that you were working on that? Why I have the
feeling that who was not at akademy has not been made aware of almost
anything...

> It seems there is some activity lately in branches/work/solid-
> devicekit/solid/backends/devicekit that is doing pretty much the same
> as the UDisks backend and adding some battery stuff. What are the
> plans for the devicekit backend? At the akademy ervin told us it
> would be an old attempt and not used any more...

Most probably just replacing "devicekit-disks" with "udisks" and
"devicekit-power" with "upower" could make it work again (if Lukas
didn't already).
I just wonder why reimplemeting the wheel over and over, instead of
taking one of these "working" implementations...

--
Pino Toscano