[Kde-hardware-devel] Solid UDisks backend

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Sun Jul 25 16:21:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

As decided at akademy's solid BoF I have started implementing the UDisks
backend for solid. Today I have commited my initial work to trunk. It still
lacks a lot of things (some properties and most of the StorageAccess stuff) but
provides already a lot of querying suff for storage devices.
I'm committing this for you to test and proof-read and tell me if I'm on the
right track.

It seems there is some activity lately in branches/work/solid-
devicekit/solid/backends/devicekit that is doing pretty much the same as the
UDisks backend and adding some battery stuff. What are the plans for the
devicekit backend? At the akademy ervin told us it would be an old attempt and
not used any more...

Cheers,
Michael