[Kde-hardware-devel] More i18n problems in Solid

Ben Cooksley sourtooth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:06:56 CEST 2009

On 7/14/09, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi, following my quest to make Solid and its users nice regarding i18n usage
> i've stumbled upon Solid::DeviceInterface::typeToString that returns non
> translatable strings from the .moc autogenerated code
>
> That function is used in device notifier plasmoid (no idea if in more
> places)
>
> I'd suggest adding a new Solid::DeviceInterface::typeToTranslatedString as
> the
> other function might still be useful for something that needs stability when
> changing languages (like configuration keys).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Albert

Hi Everyone,

In the Device Actions KCM there are numerous *.desktop files which are
used to provide these translations since no method existed at the
time. Perhaps these could be used to provide the translations? Just a
thought. The Device Notifier should probably use them.... they are
installed to $KDEDIR/share/apps/solid/devices. There is a generator
for those files also, in
/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/solid/solid-actions-kcm

Ben
( Device Actions KCM Maintainer )