[Kde-hardware-devel] powerdevil acpi support

Mateusz Jasinski matt1606 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:23:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm running debian testing with a custom build of linux-2.6.27 kernel (from
debian kernel development) on a dell inspiron e1505. During configuration I've
disabled all deprecated acpi modules. The frequency scaling (through acpi-
cpufreq) works ok, screen brightness control is also working well, but
powerdevil (v 1.3.0 on KDE 4.1.2 from debian lenny backports) doesn't detect
my battery. While acpi log from dmesg shows me: "ACPI: Battery Slot [BAT0]
(battery present)", the powerdevil->capabilities gives me: "Number of
Batteries 0", so any powersaving profile is not working. My question is: does
poverdevil/solid requires acpi-support, acpi scripts and acpid to run properly
(because starting acpid while having disabled deprecated acpi kerel modules
gives me error of reading the /proc/acpi/event - that file is not created at
all because of the mentioned above kernel config)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mateusz