[Kde-hardware-devel] [kde-artists] Renaming Oxygen's devices/ icons

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Jun 17 23:56:30 CEST 2007

On Sunday, 17. June 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> and while i can see the point of drive-optical-dvd i can't see the point of
> media-optical-dvd, though i can see the point of media-optical-video.

I can see the point of media-optical-dvd (and in fact, we already have such an
icon today - dvd_unmount - and we even had one in KDE 3.5, so it seems there
actually is a use for this), but I can't see the point of drive-optical-dvd.

After all, current disc drives can for sure read multiple disc types,
so in fact there is no "DVD drive", it's a "CD/DVD drive", or
a "CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Bluray drive" in the future.
In short, an optical drive, no further specialization necessary.

> i really can't see the point of media-optical-video-dvd (oy vey! how many
> icons do we expect people to make ;)

So, really, let's just leave out media-optical-video-anything, mmkay?

As this isn't mentioned in my current proposal anyways...
any objections to its current state? Should I maybe commit it to SVN
so we can easier keep track of it?