[Kde-hardware-devel] [kde-artists] Renaming Oxygen's devices/ icons

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jun 17 23:42:45 CEST 2007

On Sunday 17 June 2007, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> My suggestion was to differentiate my bluray/hddvd drive to my older dvd.
> In one look i can find/explore the optical device drive wich contains the
> buray/hddvd i have inserted or the optical device i want to configure/see
> properties....It's just my "user" view : many times i click on the
> incorrect device between my CDROM drive and my DVD drive...

there's a difference between device and media icons. the former is for the
actual hardware, the latter for what is stored in or accessible via them. so
we have drive-optical and media-optical which are for different things.

you're talking about device icons; the discussion in this part of the thread
is about media icons.

and while i can see the point of drive-optical-dvd i can't see the point of
media-optical-dvd, though i can see the point of media-optical-video. i
really can't see the point of media-optical-video-dvd (oy vey! how many icons
do we expect people to make ;)

so your concerns seem to be taken care of.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se