[Kde-hardware-devel] [kde-artists] Renaming Oxygen's devices/ icons

David Vignoni david at oxygen-icons.org
Sat Jun 16 22:21:25 CEST 2007

Glad to see that device names will be finally changed.
I was expecting that "mounted" icons to be replaced with emblems,
which is the best solution imho.

Il giorno 16/giu/07, alle ore 21:36, Jakob Petsovits ha scritto:
> So, there's two questions:
>
> (a) Are the proposed name changes ok for you? Can they be improved?
>     If so, How? ...and once there's a consensus on these questions:

I agree with all the name and I was expecting that "mounted" icons to
be replaced with emblems.

> (b) What needs to be done for renaming all of the mentioned icons?
>     Who will do what?

I can rename the icons, no problem. If somebody tells me that's ok
I'll do it.

> Input is highly appreciated. I should have taken this to the list
> at the time
> I did the original file, but there's still enough time to get this
> sorted out
> in time for KDE 4.0. Until then, all of the icons should be
> compatible to the
> specification.

Probably some new icon, for more specific devices will come. e.g.
audio-headset-bluetooth. But these probably donìt need to be proposed
for inclusion in the specs. And also is not a problem right now,
since the icons do not exist yet.

David Vignoni, david at oxygen-icons.org
OXYGEN icon theme director and designer