[Kde-hardware-devel] Renaming Oxygen's devices/ icons

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sat Jun 16 21:36:55 CEST 2007

So my initial, more privately woven attempt to get the Oxygen icons to adhere
better to the Icon Naming Specification [1] didn't quite work out the way I
had hoped for.

Thus, let's take this thing to the artists mailing list (kde-hardware-devel is
CC'd so that Kévin can take part) and try to get the icon names in line with
the spec. With the support of Aaron and Kévin, who graciously provide their
source code updating skills, it should merely be a question of coordinating
efforts.

I did a renaming proposal for devices/ (other categories to follow at aKademy
or sooner), find it attached in text file form.

So, there's two questions:

(a) Are the proposed name changes ok for you? Can they be improved?
    If so, How? ...and once there's a consensus on these questions:
(b) What needs to be done for renaming all of the mentioned icons?
    Who will do what?

Input is highly appreciated. I should have taken this to the list at the time
I did the original file, but there's still enough time to get this sorted out
in time for KDE 4.0. Until then, all of the icons should be compatible to the
specification.

[1]
The freedesktop.org Icon Naming Specification:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html
...or the only slightly, but still modified version in fd.o's CVS repository:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/icon-theme/default-icon-theme/spec/icon-naming-spec.xml?revision=1.17&view=markup