[Kde-hardware-devel] kde-bluetooth part of solid?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Sep 30 16:12:38 CEST 2006

Le vendredi 29 septembre 2006 12:18, Cerneels Bart a écrit :
> Thanks for replying Kevin, I hope your having fun at aKademy.

Definitely! Solid is now part of kdelibs. ;-)

> That is basically the main thing KDE bluetooth does right now, connect to a
> device and list the supported services. For this it uses the Service
> Discovery Protocol, handled by the sdpd daemon. The services themselves are
> not really part of kde-bluetooth because they are mostly transport protocol
> independent (see Obex). So it seems that part of kde-bluetooth is a Solid
> thing. Which is cool because we want automatic discovery of bluetooth
> devices in KDE4 programs.

Perfect then, we have to ensure that the support in HAL matures correctly. You
might be interested in taking a look at their plans, there's for sure a few
thread on this matter on the HAL mailing list. Once it's supported there,
it'll probably be trivial to add the needed support in Solid.

> One use case: Amarok detects a mobile phone with
> the HID service and let's it be used as a remote control.

Funny, that's one of the use cases I had in mind too. Well, except that I have
no mobile phone. ;-)

Ne font reculer l'ignorance."