[kde-guidelines] Grouping HIG

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri May 30 13:55:32 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
the discussion on a recent review request by Sebas [1] and especially Andrew's
comment on it, highlights that we should rethink our Grouping HIG [2]. It
currently suggests to use groupboxes as the standard way to group controls
inside a form, but Sebas as well as Andrew have stated that there may be
better ways to do that. In order not to let practice drift away from the HIG,
we should think about updating the HIG.
Andrew, since you're our "Master of Layout" now, could you propose a change to
the HIG to fit your vision for form grouping? That would be great!
Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/118390/
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/GroupBox