[kde-guidelines] HIG for search needed (?)

Philipp Stefan sogatori at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:17:29 UTC 2014

On 30.03.2014 20:07, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> I think unifying search and filter mechanism makes a lot of sense from a user
> perspective. It might be difficult to convince developers because they seem to
> usually prefer to present things in a technically precise manner (Jens'
> "precise vs. correct" comes to mind once again), but for users a filter and a
> search in the current folder is presumable the same.
That's of course a problem, but not one that can't be solved. I'd expect
the developers to be rational and be open for our arguments (and vice
versa of course). I think in this case we have good arguments at our hands.
It's worth a try at least, or so I think. Where can we reach out to the
developers or get them to come here and give us some feedback on this?

Phil