[kde-guidelines] Visual Design Guidelines + HIG

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Thu Mar 27 22:28:26 UTC 2014

On Thursday 27 March 2014, 14:05:23 Andrew Lake wrote:
> Let me know if this is ok and I'll go ahead and start this second phase of
> integration.
Baxley's approach is to define a general outline for styleguides, basically to
compare web sites. I believe it is always a good idea to stay with proved
methods, but of course we can do our own guideline. Actually it makes perfect
sense because we do not describe a website where you design layout, style, and
text separately. So I'm fine if you organize the section to fit your
requirements, at least since I can easily follow your argumentation. Perhaps
you could add some of your considerations to the basic approach page, just to
make the difference traceable. I think it's interesting on a scientific level
too.

>Presentation
>* Design vision and principles
>* Style (including layout and text guidance)
>* Building Blocks
>* Tools (mockup kit, etc.)
I'm afraid that you will have two isolated section when you arrange the VDG
below the presentation headline. If we violate the structure we could do it
more effective. What's about:
1. Structure
1.1 Conceptual Model
1.1.1 Vision
1.1.2 Design vision and principles
1.1.3 Persona
or
1.1 Conceptual Model
1.2 Design vision and principles
1.3 Task Flow

and

3. Presentation
3.1. ... (whatever you think how to organize this section)

But I have difficulties to integrate the tools-part. Isn't it rather a best
practice section at the style page? But don't hesitate to do your own thing.
Panta rhei!

PS: Don't you want to merge the old presentation pages with your new one's? I
guess no one understands the difference between color and color set (I know it
was me who was in doubt about full integration).