[kde-guidelines] KStyleguide

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sat May 25 22:17:18 UTC 2013

On Friday 24 May 2013 00:17:08 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thursday 23 May 2013 14:11:33 Heiko Tietze wrote:
> > @all: I updated http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG (old stuff
> > moved to bottom) and added
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/Notifications. Please
> > modify, add, and discuss - or remove if necessary ;-).
>
> Thanks for setting up the new structure in the wiki!
> I think it would make sense to integrate the links to existing guidelines
> into the structure instead of keeping them under "legacy". Even though
> their internal structure has not been adapted to the new structure yet, it
> seems to me that they do fit into the new new "table of contents".

I've now inserted links to existing HIGs in the new structure. We may want to
revise/update some of the existing HIGs, but most of them are clearly better
than nothing already now.
I've kept the old index for now for people who prefer an alphabetical to a
logical order. We might remove that in the future, though.

> I'll comment on the Notifications guideline when I find the time to read it
> thoroughly (probably this weekend).

As promised, I've now done some minor edits to the HIG and added some
comments. I think it should work pretty well if we just add some pictures, the
code snippets and some guidelines regarding content.
Thanks for starting the work on this!

Cheers,
Thomas