[kde-guidelines] Styleguide: Wording

Heiko Tietze heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com
Mon Dec 30 18:26:35 UTC 2013

On Monday 30 December 2013, 16:48:04 David Edmundson wrote:
> I think maybe we should drop those examples...
Okay, the legacy examples are out now.

> I'm concerned because this shows a wider problem. If we have
> guidelines telling us developers do one thing, and code automagically
> doing something completely different we are going to end up with:
> 1) the guidelines being completely ignored
> 2) a horrible mixture of implementations
>
> We really need to increase communication between the two pools of
> knowledge (HIG and KDE libs), and I'm not really sure how best to do
> it?
All devs should review the HIG carefully. The guidelines are not carved in
stone. Its a living document which should be adopted to the current libs, to
newly introduced features or styles, and accepted by all. Its not a
documentation but a reference for discussion. I'm aware that up to now many
advises are rather generic and need to get double-checked. And that's easier
with such a grumble-draft, IMHO. :-)