[kde-guidelines] Hello: Anybody home

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 00:05:59 CEST 2008

Yes, we are working on the HIG.  Ellen and I have two interns who are helping
us this summer duing the OpenUsability SoU.  Unfortunately Ellen and I were
the only ones really working on the HIG before then and we had other things
to work on for KDE4 besides the guidelines last year.

The problem now is getting everything documented in a place people can see it
and developing patterns and examples which are easier to interpret than
written guidelines. This page is the best page to list questions and requests
for guidelines.

https://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Usability/HIG_Questions

I agree that anything that does not conform to the HIG should be reported as a
bug.  The only problem is writing a comprehensive enough document so when we
do submit bugs, we can reference the rule that is broken.  Lots of work, and
not enough hands and time.  I think come the end of the summer the HIG will
have enough of a base that we can extend contribution out to the greater
community.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
celeste at kde.org