[kde-guidelines] Re: www/areas/guidelines/src

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Dec 7 22:57:26 CET 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 20:55, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Monday 06 December 2004 17:09, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > CVS commit by lauri:
> >
> > Import of initial (and now slightly out of date) sources for the new
> > guidelines docs
> >

> >   A            build.sh   1.1
> >   A            index.docbook   1.1
>
> index.docbook#43:
> <!-- Include the Usability Book -->
> <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
> href="usability/index.docbook" />
>
> Naww :)

Naww indeeed - this will be removed.  It's the result of me testing how well
they'd work, and what issues they create.  The decision to use system
entities stands, but it was becoming urgent to commit *something* so everyone
can get to work.    I intend to clean up any remaining issues like this
during the week, as I find some time.  Now that they are in CVS, it's much
easier.

> But great work. BTW, should I see for moving the Docbook'd HIG? (moving
> discussion to kde-guidelines)

No, the version currently on www is very incompletely marked up, and in more
than a few places, just incorrect (I did tell you that the scripted
conversion from html to docbook was very bad - you made it valid, but that
doesn't automatically make it semantically correct.)  I do have a fixed
version of that and can commit it, but there's frankly not much point.  I
think it would be much more productive to remove that, work on the new one,
and progressively point pages from the existing guidelines (the ones on
developer.k.o) as this copy becomes more complete.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org