[kde-guidelines] Re: www/areas/guidelines/src

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Dec 7 20:55:28 CET 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 17:09, Lauri Watts wrote:
> CVS commit by lauri:
>
> Import of initial (and now slightly out of date) sources for the new
> guidelines docs
>

>   A            build.sh   1.1
>   A            index.docbook   1.1

index.docbook#43:
<!-- Include the Usability Book -->
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
href="usability/index.docbook" />

Naww :)

(Lauri and I have had a long rant on XInclude vs DTD system entities)

I would appreciate if you communicated your positions; when you silently leave
a discussion where I have asserted arguments, it makes me wonder "Why does
she not counter reply if my arguments are wrong? Why am I ignored?" Which are
pretty valid wonderings. It avoids a lot of grief/friction, regardless of if
we agree in a matter or not.

Similarly, in the case of where I want to use the section element instead of
the to-be-deprecated sectX, and where I've corrected that it's possible to
nevertheless write depth aware XSLT templates, I don't know if you still
prefers sectX, or have change opinion -- my counter arguments are still
hanging in the air. Finishing a discussion by saying "Ok, we do X" puts an
end to an issue -- I prefer that to the situation where I express myself on
the mailinglist, and you express yourself via `cvs commit`.

But great work. BTW, should I see for moving the Docbook'd HIG? (moving
discussion to kde-guidelines)

Cheers,

		Frans