[kde-guidelines] Re: www/areas/guidelines/customization

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Dec 7 21:58:33 CET 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 17:19, Lauri Watts wrote:
> CVS commit by lauri:
>
> Support infrastructure for the new guidelines docs
> Most of this is straight copy from kdelibs (after being put on a slight
> diet) + db2latex

Questions:

* Couldn't the Docbook DTD/XSL in www/docbook/ be used? (and be complemented
with what's missing, such as db2latex?)

* I don't understand why the Docbook backend is dieted; to me it introduces
the same problems as if one pulled out the and classes from kdelibs a
particular program didn't need -- all the troubles that comes of running
customized software instead of plain vanilla. Some of the XSLs weren't used,
and others only ment a stylesheet compilation more or two -- no big deal.

* Regarding www/areas/guidelines/src/templates/* and the id names of the
docbook sources, is it temporary/simply followed along, or how is it in
relation to the guidelines Ellen outlined(with /usability/hig/src/GUIDELINES
as background)?

* Do you mind if I add XML declarations to docbook files, since that's now
possible when we're using XInclusions?

BTW, I saw the docbook licenses in the other commit.

Cheers,

		Frans