[kde-guidelines] Fwd: Re: www/areas/guidelines/common

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Dec 7 21:21:37 CET 2004

Eh, it's easier on kde-guidelines.

Subject: Re: www/areas/guidelines/common
Date: Tuesday 07 December 2004 20:18
From: Frans Englich <frans.englich at telia.com>
To: kde-cvs at kde.org
Cc: Lauri Watts <lauri at kde.org>

On Monday 06 December 2004 17:14, Lauri Watts wrote:
> CVS commit by lauri:
>
> Support infrastructure for the new guidelines docs
> Most of this is straight copy from kdelibs (after being put on a slight
> diet) + db2latex

Some questions in line:

(...)

>   A            artistic-license.html   1.1
>   A            bottom1.png   1.1
>   A            bottom2.png   1.1
>   A            bsd-license.html   1.1
>   A            lgpl-license   1.1
>   A            lgpl-license.html   1.1

(etc)

* About the license files, in what cases are they used? AFAIK, we'll need to
have the licenses in the Docbook outputs too, so I think it would be
practical if they were in the Docbook source. When having them as appendices
and when setting the generate.legalnotice.link param, all legal details are
pretty subtle.

Perhaps it's because it would lead to duplication(one license from each book
when exporting the bookset), but that can be solved by Docbook's profiling.

* About these files:
>   A            mainfooter.html   1.1
>   A            mainheader.html   1.1
>   A            header.html   1.1
>   A            footer.html   1.1

What are they for? Some Doxygen thingy, have you started on that part?

(Are you on kde-cvs or should we transfer discussions to kde-guidelines?)

Cheers,

		Frans