KDE Project in Need of LOVE !

Joao Maria joao.maria.10001000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 13:35:32 UTC 2014

December, 14ht, 2014

Ref: KDE Project in Need of LOVE !

Hi, All Nice KDE People Out There and specially the Gardening Group Members:

First of all, let me tell that KDE rocks! I am a newbie to the Linux
community (using Linux Mint 17 Xfce 64-bit) and I am already in love
with KDE. You guys are wonderful and I hope that in some years we can
see a world without Bill & Windows (and dominated by Linux & KDE
apps).

Now, for my suggestion: there is a major project which is in need of
some LOVE, namely Ktorrent !

Ktorrent is by far the best and most capable of all P2P clients
available for Linux but the last release was almost two years ago and
it looks like KDE abandoned it: the specific board for Ktorrent in KDE
Forums has some open bugs reports open and unsolved and the program
misses one IMPORTANT feature that most other P2P clients have as
standard, namely the ability to add an extension to the partially
downloaded files [ for details about that, please look at my post in
KDE forum of today, Dec 14th, 2014:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=124058 ].

I am willing to help you guys in any way I can in this project
(although I have almost no knowledge about coding so my contribution
may be restricted to testing and/or any menial work).

Happy Holiday Season to You All.

JR

P.S.: for some reason or other my main Email account at
jr.linux.mint at gmx.com is unable to send a message to your Email
address at kde-gardening at kde.org, so I am using this other Email
account to send this message, but you can send any request for
assistance in this project to my main Email address (but please cc
this secondary account on your message just in case...).